1. To provide and maintain standards of excellence in quality and service as established in hotel S.O.P's, Vision, Mission, Core Values, Service Standards and Promises.
2. To handle proper registration and check out procedures for all guests in accordance with accounting procedures.
3. To respond timely to all guest questions and inquiries in a timely and friendly manner.
4. To maximize room revenue and occupancy levels through suggestive selling and yield management techniques.
5. To review daily reservations for special requests, comments or instructions and handle appropriately.
•6. To maintain knowledge of current rates, packages and promotions and administer accordingly.
7. To acquire working knowledge of guest rooms, in house facilities and local information.
8. To promote all in- house facilities.
9. To comply with all procedures governing the use and handling of assigned cash banks.
10. Post charges to appropriate folios to keep active accounts current, including processing of adjustments, corrections, transfers and all credit entries.
11. Maintains cash bank and properly records daily cash transactions to submit balanced deposits to general cashier and balanced worksheet to night audit.
12. To handle all reports and paperwork accurately and in compliance with all requirements established regarding cash and check handling, posting transactions credit cards, deposits, adjustments, corrections, transfers and shift balancing.
13. To adhere to key control procedures for all guest rooms.
14. To comply with procedures for use of guest safe deposit boxes and upon request, issue safety deposit boxes to ensure the safekeeping of valuables.
15. To assist the Reception Managers, other guest service agents, reservations and PBX operators as needed to ensure smooth operations.
16. To prepare and process all daily amenity requests if required.
17. To properly process guest mail, messages and packages to ensure receipt of same by guests.
18. To verify housekeeper's report of room status immediately after receiving to ensure status of vacant, occupied and dirty rooms.
19. To keep superiors promptly informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance so prompt action can be taken.
20. To communicate effectively with following shift, housekeeping, PBX, engineering and accounting to ensure smooth operations.
21. To attend all meetings related to the Front Office operations as prescribed by the Front Office Manager.
22. To adhere to all fire, safety and security procedures according to management, company and hotel policy.
23. To comply with all hotel policies and standard operating procedures of the hotel and its management company.
24. Be aware at all times of room availability.
25. Process check out and room change information between the registration card, computer and the real guest status.
26. Verifies accuracy of guest information between the registration card, computer and the real guest status (Bucket Check).
27. Keeps superiors promptly and fully informed of all problems of unusual matters of significance coming to his or her attention so prompt corrective action can be taken if appropriate.
28. Performs other duties as assigned by the Front Office Management in an efficient manner while projecting a favorable image to achieve objectives, public recognition and acceptance.
29. Check in house and group masters.
30. Read communication log daily and initial and respond accordingly.
31. Remove checked out registration cards daily.
32. Pre-block and pre-register all VIP's.
33. Support and participate in all hotel policies, procedures and programs.
34. Other duties as assigned by the Reception Managers or Manager On Duty to include handling of Gift Shop purchases and PBX coverage.